Student March, London December 2010

Sunday 20 February 2011

              Confusion

I captured this image by chance my camera failed a couple of moments prior to taking this shot. Only on analyzing the photograph did it reveal some interesting points. The man was hit on the head with a police batten. His jacket and hand are stained with blood and his head is still bleeding. He is shaken and dazed but what shocks me is the lack of attention the man is receiving. What appears to be a woman's arm (bottom right) is holding the man upright. The man wearing the woolen hat and the woman directly behind him have two entirely different expressions. It is visibly clear the man has real concerns, however the woman takes a lighter view of the situation almost smiling and not concerned at all for the injured man. The girl wearing the fingerless gloves deploys her mobile phone ready for snap shots. The very well dressed man in the black woolen coat, looks to a have real sense of fear that his battery may let him down. Last but not least there is me, capturing the incident  unfolding. The moral of this story I guess is the sadness and irony of it all, showing only two people out of six are attending the injured man. This shows me just how fixated and selfish other people can be. Sadly on this occasion this includes me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment