Bradford map

Tuesday 29 March 2011

After we were given our brief for the Bradford map I began to visit the area. I looked down ally ways back streets etc; after one hour in I had not got much to show. what would be very welcoming after two hours would be inspiration. After about three hours of treading the streets I was feeling tired and weary with not much to show for it all. After a rest and a mug of tea, I loaded my shots and was pleasantly surprised, this gave me encouragement to have a second visit. I started to look more closely at things with different vantage points. My camera was placed on the floor on cobbled streets, I was using a lot more depth of field and looking for more colourful shots besides black and white. Whilst visiting other areas other than the map my confidence grew. I was more relaxed and using different techniques with the camera. These council workers seem bewildered and confused, uncertain of what to do next, so I thought the sign was really apt, showing three different directions of which way to go. Unfortunately for them they are on the wrong side. All in all the brief  was a good all round exercise, not only did it make me aware of things around me but also to Annalise every day objects and the urban landscape. Fantastic brief!!!.

0 comments:

Post a Comment