Student March; London December 2010

Saturday 5 March 2011



A DAY IN THE LIFE OF... 

This is a photograph I took has part of semester 1, project 2. I chose (Andy. Right) has my main subject. He is a cheif officer at Barnsley South Yorkshire Fire Station. The aim of the project was to finish with six A3 photograph's, portraying a synopsis of a person in every day life including home, there hobbies, there family life etc:. In my proposal I said one of the six images I would like to capture, would be Andy and his colleagues returning from a shout where there had been a fatality. What I wanted to capture was facial expressions, disappointment, fatigue and frustration. I was really delighted when I captured this image on a training exercise together. The distance of this shot was about 200 yards away, they were oblivious to my camera. The two are really close friends and these training exercisers only take place once a year. They are all Senior managers from all different stations. To see this gesture unfold before my very eyes was unbelievable for me. I had to be really quick to capture this shot, all the text book rules went out of the window. The day started at 7am for me and ended at 7pm. I was really looked after that day they shared there sandwhiches they was supplied with and we swaped banter. They even allowed me in the one hours first aid session with them. This was taken with a great degree of seriousness, the guys discuss all rescuing techniqes and I felt really honoured when they included me in parts of the session. I was doned with a fire man's suit, helmet, gloves etc:. They bent a few rules for me that day, even to the exception of being allowed up the training towers where they were performing rescue attempts. To my surprize I was asked if I was ok with heights?, (I suffer from vertigo) and I replied "who me no  I am fine", street cred and all that.



 




0 comments:

Post a Comment